Complex Collection, Fraud and Asset Recovery Litigation
The collections practice at Gannett & Associates seldom involves credit cards, car loans or even mortgage foreclosure. Instead, we concentrate on complex creditors’ rights issues arising out of international sales, fraud, successor liability or difficult asset location and recovery problems. We identify concealed or transferred assets and pursue legal action against the debtors, transferees, shell corporations and bankruptcy estates that hold those assets.
If you need help with a difficult debt collection or asset recovery problem in Massachusetts or Illinois, discuss your case with an attorney who has more than 25 years of complex litigation experience. Contact the Boston law firm of Gannett & Associates for a free consultation.
Call (617) 367-0606 for help with tough collection problems
Examples of the kinds of debt collections cases we handle include the following:
- Domesticating and enforcing out-of-state judgments against Massachusetts debtors
- Collections work for professional practice groups, such as accounting firms, medical practices or consultants
- International debt collections on behalf of foreign companies against debtors in Massachusetts or Illinois
- International fraud recovery involving all kinds of transactions
- Recovering the invoice price of goods sold by overseas trading companies in Hong Kong, mainland China, Singapore and other global export centers
- Money transfer collections on behalf of domestic financial service providers
- Litigation to set aside insider transfers and other transactions between a debtor and an affiliate to defeat the claims of creditors
- Litigation to set aside fraudulent transfers, where a debtor’s assets are sold for less than fair value
- Debt collection from successor entities of a debtor corporation
- Enforcement of secured claims in bankruptcy
- Bankruptcy litigation to protect unsecured claims from discharge
- Motions for relief from the automatic stay in bankruptcy
- Collection of divorce property division awards in bankruptcy
Our debt collection and asset recovery practice focuses on cases where the creditor’s biggest problem is not the debtor’s insolvency, but its dishonesty and determination to conceal assets. Our skill at tracing assets through a maze of transfers and false documentation can protect the value of your unliquidated claim or your default judgment.
For the advice of a lawyer who knows how to handle complex collection cases, contact Gannett & Associates for a free consultation in Boston.